Our son Miguel’s third birthday came soon enough this past weekend!
Two months ago, I planned up a Transformers-themed birthday party for him as mentioned in this blog post. I promised to do some DIY event styling for this…to much success (I think!)
I didn’t go crazy, just a little splash here and there of some of his favorites (Optimus Prime, Bumblebee, and the Rescue Bots).
Here are some photos from my personal event styling of my son’s third birthday…
We welcomed guests with this homemade door banner -
I made this “transforms” photo frame and some cake pops -
The “transforms” frame featured photos of Miggz growing up (transforming) from birth to two-and-a-half years old, with a title frame in the middle saying the words “Miggz Transforms to Three” -
I made more cake pops! These were SO fun to do!!
I also made these small table-tent signs -
Another homemade banner…this one says, “Autobots Transform” -
DIY signs by the party favors -
The party favors -
Our only splurge…something I didn’t DIY -
I had a BLAST styling this party for my son!!
You can DO THIS too!!
Here are some easily accessible resources that made this all possible…
- Transformers Fonts and Symbols – available for free download (for personal use) at dafont.com…they have actually added more Transformers-style fonts since I was last here!!
- Autobots Images – simply do a Google Search which will take you to hundreds of images for Autobots/Optimus Prime/Bumble Bee images and symbols
- Rescue Bots Images – also from a Google images search. Images found came from TFW2005.com. Transformers World…obviously LOTS of Transformers-related EVERYTHING from this site! I have bookmarked it for Miguel’s future reference!
- Party Favor Cups – these come 12/$1 at Walmart and are actual cups! A cheaper alternative to those party loot bags…
- Toy Water Guns – 3/$1 at Target
- Transformers Party Blowouts – 8/$4 at Walmart
- Truck-themed Party Favors – 48 pieces/$2.50 on clearance at Walmart. I opted for these instead of the more expensive Transformers-themed party favors. These toys are not meant to last, and are only meant to entertain kids at the party. They most often get thrown out once the kids get home, so why splurge?? (BUT I did get LUCKY with these though…not often you see an ideal party favor set ON CLEARANCE right before your kid’s birthday party…)
- Transformers Pull-string Pinata – $20 at Amazon.com
- Office and Craft Supplies – glossy photo printing paper, scrapbook paper, mailing labels, pre-cut card stock, roll-on glue, glue gun, scissors, markers, banner string, Scotch tape, etc are all things I had in the house which you can get from your local office and craft supply store